Saturday, April 3, 2010

Is it April already? Goodness! Finished projects! YAY!

These are projects that I have worked on in my sewing class. I am taking sewing lessons. The pillow is for my Mom for Mother's Day (and my first project). It was completely hand sewn. I then started learning hand stitches from a book called "See and Sew". Emily, over at "Super Stitches" is my teacher. After learning all the stitches, I began projects from the book. My first was a drawstring bag, then I sewed a strawberry decorative pot holder, then I made two egg cozies. I can't wait for next week, because I am going to make some "elf-style slippers". I will post those when finished!








Here is the light fixture we worked on. Now the question is to lamp-shade or not. In all, just FYI, this thing of beauty cost $20 for all the ingredients that went into it. I love it!






4 comments:

  1. All of your projects turned out beautifully. Cute chandelier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It is such a relief to have them finished. And such a sense of accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are all so pretty! The chandelier is gorgeous. What a great piece! And the egg cozies are just darling.

    ReplyDelete